Saturday 28 March 2009

Where were you?........

AD138 - Hadrians Wall built...



570 - Islamic prophet Mohammed born in Mecca...



1066 - Battle of Hastings...



1300 - Huge stone statues built on Easter Island...



1429 - Joan of Arc leads French troops to successfuly defeat to English..



1787 - US Constitution drawn up...



1805 - Battle of Trafalgar.....



1904 - Captain Scott becomes the first person to explore Antarctica extensively by land...



1969 - First man on the moon..



....and now, take a photo of yourself to remember where you were when you heard this.......



2009 - The Beagle gets a girlfriend!!

I know, I was as shocked as you are, possibly even more so!

It is true, you all owe me a fiver, as not only is she a woman, but she is real!!

Her name is Leanne and I met her at work, which brings its own wonderful irritating problems, as these kind of things invariably lead to pathetic rumours and whispers between the jealous and the downright intolerable. Keep an eye out on the Yellbox, I'm sure they will be all too pleased to mash the keypad with their fists until words appear!

I don't give a monkeys right armpit though. Its a happy situation to be in, and to be honest, not one I'd really given much thought to, as its never really been a priority of mine to obtain one of these feminine-type people.

So there you have it, that has been the brilliant highlight of the week for me, and I thank Mr Evans for his rather disturbingly nice blog. Hopefully one day, you will reach these lofty perches where I have been sitting for some time, typing away to myself!

Tarrarrabit!

No comments: