Wednesday 31 December 2008

Hasta La Vista 2008!

Greetings once again, this is a slightly delayed New Years blog, as I have been laid up for the last few days. Yes, those 'brave' souls I moaned about a week or so back have finally got their way and infected me with their diseased........diseasey stuff and on Sunday and Monday I had what could only be described as the flu, which pretty much knocked me for 6.

I personally think this was all Gareths idea to take out his competition, as he has mysteriously gone off the airwaves these last couple of weeks, so seeing he has bowed down to the superior blogger, this is my 50th blog of the year (compared to 49 for Mr Evans, ha!).

Christmas was very good to me, I had presents that I had chosen way back in October/November and that I had completely forgotten about, which made the surprise even more welcoming! I ate half my own bodyweight as normal for this time of year and am starting to proceed nicely through all the other munchy things that everyone always buys for this time of year, so I may roll into the new year!

Football-wise, well what a few days it has been! The Arsenal game was an amazing spectacle. We dominated for 40 minutes, hit the crossbar twice, and post twice, had a clearance off the line and made their goalkeeper make some great saves, so what do they do, they go up the other end and score with their first shot on goal! Then after half time, they scored their second to bury us, which made our heads drop, however not for long as a penalty and a goal in the 93rd minute meant that we stayed in 4th spot ahead of Arsenal, and with a lucky goal giving us the 3 points against Hull last night in the last few minutes of the game, it means that we are in a great position going into the January transfer window, which opens tomorrow ...............


.......tomorrow being January of course!

So its the end of a long old year, a year that started with the best holiday I've ever had in the Caribbean, that ended with a cold shoulder in Hamburg (geddit, 'cold shoulder', hahaha.....ok well i liked it!), and had a nice bit of blood and gore in the middle. Sprinkled with the odd bout of depression and joy in equal measure about an immeasurable amount of things, and hopefully at all times at least keeping you entertained in this little corner of cyberspace.

Happy New Year to all, lets hope its a good one (to quote John Lennon)

No comments: