Thursday 11 December 2008

'I've got red lights all around...'

Festive greetings one and....well the other one that reads this!

You will all/both be glad to learn that it is now officially Christmas, as not only have I seen the Coca-Cola advert, but I have now heard my all time favourite Christmas song on the radio. 'Driving Home for Christmas' by the legendary Chris Rea is not everyones mainstream favourite like the Pogues that have been forced down our eardrums, not that I don't love that too, but I've always had a real liking for the song. Have a listen when you get a chance, its a great little ditty, and warms the cockles of your hearts, just as every Christmas song should do.

I've been learning bits and bobs of german this week too (well when you are this bored at work, there really isn't anything else you can do!), and surprisingly it isn't too difficult to pick up, once you get over the fact that not every word has to sound shouty and more than slightly Klingon! Amazingly, in my little pocket penguin phrase book, there is even a phrase to ask a taxi driver to take us to our exact hotel! So, hopefully by Wednesday morning, I shall be sufficiently fluent in some German, so that I don't get the wrong end of the conversation and end up telling some butch Hamburg fan that his mother was a half-breed with some kind of snowblower!

Pub tonight, whoop whoop!

No comments: