Friday 6 March 2009

Unclean.....Unclean!

I think I may have caught rabies from a peasant-boy on a train........

....its true! Theres a youngish chap that gets the same train as me on the way home, looks a bit of a fat boy, with a stooping walk that makes him look like he tortures small rodents in his shed at weekends. So far, I've managed to avoid him on my carriage, and so haven't taken much notice of him, but on Thursday he decided he was going to sit next to me, which didn't bother me too much, as the train is always crammed like a sardine tin, so you kinda expect people to sit next to you. However, what I did object to was when he started to scratch his head violently, as if one of his tortured rodents got his own back and gave him fleas, and rub his face with the same vigour, with little old me left with nowhere to run, as the only alternative was to jump through the train window, which in hindsight was a pretty good plan, as the next thing that happened was a musty smell started to waft from his general direction. I say musty, as its the closest thing I could think of before I started to try and hold my breath, but that was over before it began, as he got off at shirley, and if you've ever tried to hold your breath from Snow Hill to Shirley, you'll know that you pass out at about Tyseley!

So, since then, I've been convinced that I have fleas, and would quite like to lose a layer of skin just to make sure that whatever industrial disease he was passing on, didn't have much of an effect on me. Unfortunately, I have woken up with a sore throat and a headache, which hasn't abated all day, which is more than a little annoying, especially as its a fairly important next few days with me, as tomorrow I'm off the the legendary Beer Keller to assist Gemma and Gareth in their boozy birthday celebrations, and next week we have some new starters joining the department, which I'll be 'buddying' and training up, which will be good fun, especially if I'm a raging snotball by about wednesday!

Still could be worse, I could have talked about the Villa! I hereby state that I will not rejoice in the Villa's success this season until mathmetically we cannot balls it up!

Talking of mobile phones, I'm thinking of treating myself to a new G1 phone when I'm settled into my new job, which, by the way, I now officially start on the 14th April. Suggestions and comments on a postcard to the usual address.

TTFN

No comments: