Thursday 26 February 2009

For Queen and Country

Greetings all, its yet another enthralling blog from yours truly.

I can finally reveal (to those of you that don't know), where 've been for the last week and a half, I have been taking part in Jury Duty! Now, its a common thought process that jury duty is boring and tedious, blah blah blah, but I for one loved every second of it! Its probably the law part of my brain that it appealed to the most, but there is a certain satisfaction knowing that you have played your part in justice being given out.

I won't tell you the case I'm on, mainly because it goes on forever as I was on a case for 4 days, but also because the law hasn't been kind to people who have blabbed over t'interweb about a court case they are on, some people being held in contempt of court and thrown in jail, which I don't really fancy, so I'll keep it short and sweet and just say that the case I had was an armed robbery case, but because of the distinct lack of evidence, and the fact that the people it happened to had a completely different description of the guy who did it, meant that he was found not guilty on all counts, which we were all happy about, as was he, I assume!

Anyway, the case finished on tuesday and I had wednesday off from work, which was useful, as I was needed by my aunt, whose garage door fell on her head as she was putting the car away!

This led me to learn something new, garage doors are not made of a nice chunk of aluminium, as I'd always imagined, but a big fat chunk of solid steel, which you can't hold onto for very long when your spine starts to hurt in every place!

We shall gloss over the last week or so with regard to the villa, and indeed the CSKA match tonight, which will be an equal disaster, however normal service will be resumed on sunday when the not-so-mighty stoke come knocking at villa park. Bring it on!

Toodles!

No comments: