Sunday 30 August 2009

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersein, adieu..

Well, after some deliberation and soul-searching, I have made a decision that, to be honest, has been coming for some time. Everything has its time and its place, and unfortunately, this blog has had its time and its place, and so, after almost 3 years, 119 posts, 88,464 words, and a whole lot of fun along the way, I've decided to end my blogging days.

Its not a decision I have taken lightly, however to tell you the truth, its become more of a chore than a hobby, and thats always a bad sign.

I've had fun doing it, and I hope you have gained some form of entertainment reading it too. We've gone through some of the strangest and brilliant moments of my life, from my pretty horrific operation, bad job interviews, poor Villa results, and a failed relationship, to passing exams, getting a great job, watching the Villa in Hamburg, and going on the greatest holiday I have ever been on, I think its fair to say I've took you to heaven and hell, and its been a fun journey.

Obviously, this news is going to make big headlines. The internet will suffer as a result, as people just won't know what to do with themselves, without hearing my pearls of wisdom every time they log on the site, but I have full faith in humanity, that they will find a way around this devastating news and move on with their lives, just as I am doing.

I will leave the site open for a few weeks, if not to have a last bit of banter with the banal Andy Pearce (oh, how I will miss those hypocritical jibes at my character), or even the lovely people in my office, who get so bored at work, that they feel the need to beat their heads against the keyboard until words appear on my shoutbox, but for all the fans that just want to write down some of my classic yatterings, so they may take a piece of me with them on their life journey!

Anyway, thats about it from me. Like I said, it has been a great experience for me, but life moves on, and unfortunately for me, that doesn't involve this blog. However I thank all my thousands of visitors and fans for their continued support. Who knows, maybe The Beagle will turn up on some other medium......Radio?.......TV maybe?

For one last time, TTFN!

No comments: